Focussing on good life at home and in nursing homes
Used at home or at the care unit, the user-friendly Smila ensures safe, up-to-date and effective medication and enables independent life at home. The innovative and intelligent interactive features of the service safeguard the customer's everyday life by bringing the care unit and support network close and improving the opportunities of preventive care.
Medicine helps only if you take it. When used together, the pre-dispensed medication and the Smila care service, which reminds the customer to take their medicines, will significantly increase the medication rate, even up to nearly 100%. This is highly important for the success of the prescribed treatment and for achieving good treatment outcomes.
Kai Kaasalainen, CEO, Tamro Corporation
We need novel and powerful care innovations
While the need for cost-effective and efficient social and health services is growing, social and health care services will soon need to resolve the problem of ensuring the availability of care personnel and targeting it as well as possible.
A new kind of care service that connects the healthcare unit and the home care customer provides solutions for organising good quality home care in Finland in the future.
- Ensures safe and timely treatment.
- Functional capacity, alertness and independent life are supported on an individual basis.
- The customer's condition is monitored through remote monitoring.
- Smila enables family members to receive more comprehensive information about the customer's well-being, reducing unnecessary concern.
- Facilitates communication between the caregiver and the customer.
- Medication security is improved through the avoidance of possible manual dispensing errors.
- The service allows for flexibility in the planning of caregivers’ work, e.g. by accounting for the busy hours in the morning.
- Improved and real-time surveillance through remote monitoring.
- The care staff and the attending physician can assess the customer’s condition on the basis of more information.
- The caregiver has more time to meet, talk with and care for the customer.
- Prevents cost increases through better anticipation and planning of the care resources and the customer's critical pathway.
- Helps to anticipate the need for care resources and procurement strategies.
- Helps measure the effectiveness of the customer's drug treatment.